LinkedIn is the leading social networking site for business, so today I created a page for my company. Like most social media tools, you can “follow” other company updates, and invite others to follow you.
Here’s how to create your own LinkedIn company profile and start networking with over 100 million members.
Creating the page is simple and doesn’t take a lot of time. You will need a free LinkedIn account and personal profile, and an email address with your company domain.
Email addresses using free web mail like Yahoo and Gmail cannot be used to create a LinkedIn company page.
- company name (must match the company name you use in your personal profile)
- standard logo image (100 x 60 pixels)
- square logo image (50 x 50 pixels; used in network updates)
- twitter and company blog RSS feed
- news module (if your company is not making news, best to select “don’t show news about my company”)
- company type, size, and website address
- industry, operating status, and year founded
- location(s) – up to five
Promote Your Products and Services
In the next tab, define your products and services. In addition to the required category, title, and description, you can add:
- bullet list of features
- link to web page for more detail
- contact person
- YouTube video
Monitor Traffic & Analytics
The last tab, Analytics, is where you can track page views and unique visitors for your overview, careers and product/services pages. You can even compare how your company is doing with similar companies.